Employment Policies and Procedures
The City of Elkins strives to administer all of its hiring and employment procedures without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran or familial status, disability or sexual orientation. For more information about this and other city hiring and personnel policies, you may download the City of Elkins Personnel Manual here. To view the current organizational chart for the City of Elkins, click here.
The city does not keep employment applications on file. You must submit a new application for each desired position.
Join the Elkins Police Department. Applications for entry-level civil service testing are being accepted now. Pick up a hiring packet from City Hall during regular business hours, or download one here. Be sure to read the instructions carefully, as the civil service process differs from the city’s normal hiring practices. More information regarding civil service can be found here.
Applications will be received until 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 16, 2019. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 45 as of August 17, 2019.
City of Elkins
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
Project Name: Information Services Coordinator
Project Goals and Scope of Services
The City is seeking the services of an individual or company to craft and distribute city-related information. The Coordinator will be expected to work closely with a City liaison to incorporate branding into city media; promote events and activities; draft editorial and project specific materials; guide city officials on public engagement; and develop and monitor social media content. The award will be made to a responsive and responsible candidate based on best value and professional capability.
Tasks may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Weekly city news articles and blog posts
- Press releases, public speeches and official talking points
- Emergency messaging
- Project specific announcements and updates
- Event and activity promotions
- Production of branded materials
- Maintenance and content development for website and social media platforms
Procedure for Submission of Proposals
Respondents to this RFP must submit one original and four copies of their proposal. Responses should be in a sealed envelope and clearly marked “RFP-Information Services Coordinator” on the outside. Proposals must be mailed or hand delivered to the contact person listed below no later than Friday, August 9, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. No proposals will be accepted by phone, email or fax. Questions may be submitted via email to the contact person listed below and will be answered within three business days of receipt. Final questions must be submitted no later than August 6, 2019.
Organization Name: City of Elkins, West Virginia
Address: 401 Davis Avenue, Elkins WV 26241
Contact Person: Jessica Sutton, City Clerk
Email Address: email@example.com
Elements of Proposal
A submission must include, at a minimum, the following elements:
- Description of the individual or firm that includes a general overview, names and credentials.
- A one-page narrative outlining strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they might relate to the scope of services.
- A representative selection of materials such as printed articles, social media posts, event promotions or speeches.
- Two professional references with whom the applicant has worked within the last three years.
Selection will be made upon the following:
- Applicant has been operating or working continuously in information coordination, public relations or a similar field for a minimum of 24 months and possesses full-service, in-house capability for creative services, media planning and placement, direct response and research.
- The education, experience, knowledge, skills and qualifications of the firm or individual who will be providing these services
- The competitive cost of services
- Familiarity and experience in working with comparable customers
This contract will be awarded to the candidate whose proposal is within the competitive range and determined to be the most advantageous to the City, considering price, experience and other factors. It is the intent of the City to award this contract within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the proposals.
The City of Elkins strives to administer all of its hiring and employment procedures without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran or familial status, disability or sexual orientation.
If you have inquiries about open positions or hiring practices, please contact the City’s Payroll Coordinator Wendy Williams at 304.636.1414 ext. 1214 or firstname.lastname@example.org