Visiting City Hall During the Pandemic: What to Expect
Elkins City Hall is committed to the safety of its customers, its staff, and the community as a whole.
Everyone entering city hall is asked to follow certain safety precautions recommended by the West Virginia Governor’s Office.
- Please visit city hall only if there is no other option. Remember that utility bills and municipal court fines can be paid by mail, online, phone, or via the dropbox behind city hall. Questions can be answered by phone or email. See cityofelkinswv.com for more details, including departmental contact information.
- Wait your turn to enter. As ordered by the W. Va. DHHR, only two people may be admitted to the building’s lobby at a time.
- Maintain the 6-foot social distancing requirement. Use floor markings as reference points.
- Wear a mask and sanitize your hands upon entering. It is strongly recommended by the governor’s office to wear masks inside public buildings. Sanitizer will be available at the counter.
- Make an appointment to meet with non-Treasurer’s Department personnel. If you require a face-to-face meeting with a city hall employee located on the second floor, please contact that employee in advance, via phone or email, to arrange a time. This meeting will occur on the first floor, in the municipal courtroom, pending availability of that space.
For more information about coronavirus in Elkins, please click here.