Council Committee Diary: April 2022
Following is an overview of council committee work from April:
- Finance Committee: Recommended council approve various budget revisions and EFD’s request to apply for a grant.
- Rules & Ordinances: Recommended council approve an ordinance, based on those of other West Virginia cities and prepared by the city attorney, regulating parking in alleys.
- Public Safety Committee: Recommended council approve entering into an MOU with area law enforcement agencies concerning mutual aid
- ARPA Advisory Committee (ad hoc): Authorized by council to make award decisions for $154,000 in ARPA funds dedicated by council for community-proposed projects, the committee granted funds to 11 community organizations, including the Elkins-Randolph County YMCA, the Randolph County Humane Society, the Elkins Farmers Market, and Meals on Wheels.
- Municipal Properties Committee: Heard requests for changes to traffic patterns on Gorman Avenue (from Davis Medical Center, for patient and visitor safety) and the transfer of city-owned property to an adjacent property owner in an area of floodplain formerly belonging to the International Order of Odd Fellows; reviewed a draft of a request for qualifications (RFQ) for a streetscape design plan
- Committee on Boards and Commissions (ad hoc): Formed to review city and state statues authorizing and regulating local boards and commissions to ensure consistency and compliance, the committee completed its work and was dissolved after April’s review of two final boards, the Board of Trustees of the Elkins-Randolph County Public Library and the Elkins Water Board.