Council Committee Diary: July 2022
Following is an overview of council committee work from July:
- ARPA Advisory Committee (ad hoc): Reviewed requests for ARPA expenditures to upgrade programmable logic controllers at the wastewater treatment plant and to purchase air compressors for the water treatment plant.
- Finance Committee: Reviewed compensation of the city treasurer.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): This committee was formed in May to look for opportunities to further strengthen the city’s organizational structure. In July, worked on the structure of the building inspector/code enforcement/zoning officer position.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended to council reappointment of the city treasurer and adding a Street Department position to the city’s classification and compensation plan.
- Public Safety Committee: Listed properties that are top priority for demolition during fiscal year 2023, which began July 1.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Recommended to council a rule requiring confidentiality for matters discussed in executive session. Reviewed charter and code provisions concerning appointment and terms of the city’s administrative officers.
- Special Hiring Committee: This committee was formed in June to recruit a new operations manager. In July, the committee reviewed applications.