Council Committee Diary: July 2022
Most council agenda items originate in one of council’s standing or ad hoc committees. You can learn more about council committees here and find meeting times and agendas here.
Following is an overview of council committee work from July:
- ARPA Advisory Committee (ad hoc): Reviewed requests for ARPA expenditures to upgrade programmable logic controllers at the wastewater treatment plant and to purchase air compressors for the water treatment plant.
- Finance Committee: Reviewed compensation of the city treasurer.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): This committee was formed in May to look for opportunities to further strengthen the city’s organizational structure. In July, worked on the structure of the building inspector/code enforcement/zoning officer position.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended to council reappointment of the city treasurer and adding a Street Department position to the city’s classification and compensation plan.
- Public Safety Committee: Listed properties that are top priority for demolition during fiscal year 2023, which began July 1.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Recommended to council a rule requiring confidentiality for matters discussed in executive session. Reviewed charter and code provisions concerning appointment and terms of the city’s administrative officers.
- Special Hiring Committee: This committee was formed in June to recruit a new operations manager. In July, the committee reviewed applications.