Council Committee Diary: June 2022
Following is an overview of council committee work from June:
- Finance Committee: Reviewed requested budget revisions and considered the city treasurer’s proposal to contract with Invoice Cloud for expanded online payments capabilities.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): This committee was formed in May to look for opportunities to further strengthen the city’s organizational structure. In June, the committee heard suggestions on this topic from the city’s five administrative officers.
- Personnel Committee: Began work on recruiting a new operations manager after the July 1 resignation of the incumbent.
- Public Safety Committee: Discussed downtown intersections and options for new traffic lights, new stop signs, etc.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Referred to council a proposed law enabling restaurants to serve customers on the public sidewalk. Discussed but took no action on a possible rule requiring confidentiality for matters discussed in executive session.