Council Committee Diary: March 2022
Most council agenda items originate in one of council’s standing or ad hoc committees. You can learn more about council committees here and find meeting times and agendas here.
Following is a summary of committee work from the month of March 2022.
- ARPA Advisory Committee: Recommended approval of requests to use ARPA funds for expenditures for the wastewater system, parks, and Davis Health System.
- Finance Committee: Recommended increase in the FY 2022 paving budget, approval of various grant applications, and creation of a standalone fund to account for expenditures and revenues of the Elkins Fire Department.
- Municipal Properties Committee: Discussed next steps after the termination of the EHLC lease on the Darden House.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended approval of changes to the calculation of holiday pay for civil service police officers and firefighters, adoption of a longevity policy, and various changes to the compensation and classification plan. The committee also recommended reappointment of the city attorney to a one-year term.
- Public Safety Committee: Recommended EPD enter into pilot program for evidence tracking technology at no cost to the city; considered grant applications.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Did not meet this month.