Council Committee Diary: March 2022
Following is a summary of committee work from the month of March 2022.
- ARPA Advisory Committee: Recommended approval of requests to use ARPA funds for expenditures for the wastewater system, parks, and Davis Health System.
- Finance Committee: Recommended increase in the FY 2022 paving budget, approval of various grant applications, and creation of a standalone fund to account for expenditures and revenues of the Elkins Fire Department.
- Municipal Properties Committee: Discussed next steps after the termination of the EHLC lease on the Darden House.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended approval of changes to the calculation of holiday pay for civil service police officers and firefighters, adoption of a longevity policy, and various changes to the compensation and classification plan. The committee also recommended reappointment of the city attorney to a one-year term.
- Public Safety Committee: Recommended EPD enter into pilot program for evidence tracking technology at no cost to the city; considered grant applications.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Did not meet this month.