Council Committee Diary: October 2022
Most council agenda items originate in one of council’s standing or ad hoc committees. You can learn more about council committees here and find meeting times and agendas here.
Following is an overview of council committee work from October:
- Municipal Properties: Discussed the condition of tree grates and heard a proposal for purchase of ash bins for cigarette disposal.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): (Formed to identify opportunities to further strengthen the city’s organizational structure.) Worked on changes to the job descriptions of the operations assistant and the operations administrative assistant.
- Personnel Committee: Continued work on possible structures for a proposed human resources position, an employee benefits proposal, and what to do about anticipated increases in health insurance premiums during the 2024 fiscal year (which begins July 1, 2023).
- Public Safety Committee: Discussed next steps after notification of pending award of $300,000 for demolition of condemned properties under the state program established during the 2022 legislative session.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Recommended to council ordinances revising city laws concerning nuisance animal noise and certain definitions in the 2022 zoning code.