Public Safety

Last modified on October 27th, 2022 at 04:43 pm

Below are links to the city’s police, fire and code-enforcement departments.

In an emergency, dial 911.

If you have a public safety concern but are unsure of which department to bring it to, click here for some FAQ’s that may help direct you.

For information about emergency preparedness, response, and notifications, please click here.

For information about police and fire department hiring, please click here.

If you are looking for information about Elkins Municipal Court, please click here.

Animal Control

For complaints about nuisance animal noise, such as frequent and habitual barking, howling, yelping, crying or squalling, contact the Elkins Police Department or, after business hours, 911.

Control of loose animals is a county, not city, service. Contact information for the Randolph County Dog Warden and Randolph County Humane Society is provided here for your convenience.

Randolph County Dog Warden
(304) 636-2521

Randolph County Humane Society
PO Box 785
195 Weese Street Extension
Elkins, WV 26241

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Stay up to date with the latest news and alerts by signing up for our newsletter!

You have Successfully Subscribed!