Public Service & Utilities
Public-works planning, construction, and maintenance in the City of Elkins are divided between the city’s Water Board, Sanitary Board, and Operations Department.
- Water Board: Oversees the city’s water treatment and distribution system. Click here for more information.
- Sanitary Board: Oversees the city’s wastewater collection and treatment system. Click here for more information.
- Operations Department: Oversees trash collection, street repair, code enforcement, building permits and inspections, and maintenance and upkeep of city hall and other non-water/non-sewer buildings, facilities, and grounds. Scroll down for more information.
The operations manager, who directs the Operations Department, performs supervisory, professional, and administrative work in directing, overseeing, and managing the Operations Department.
The operations assistant provides administrative support to the operations manager and is the main point of contact for the public about most public-works issues.
The Operations Department strives to maintain a productive team environment to promote city growth and development.
The Operations Department consists of the following departments:
- Sanitation Department (i.e., trash collection)
- Street Department
- Code Enforcement and Building Inspections
- Maintenance Department
- Central Garage
- GIS Department
Please note that customer service for stopping/starting/account management for water, sewer, trash collection, etc. is a function of Utility Billing in the Treasurer’s Department. Please click here to visit the Utility Billing web page.
Operations Administrative Assistant
Phone: 304-636-1414, Ext. 1437
401 Davis Avenue, Elkins, WV 26241
Phone: 304-636-1414, Ext. 1433
401 Davis Avenue, Elkins, WV, 26241