Special Trash Pickup Service
Materials such as furniture, hot water tanks and large amounts of debris are too large to be collected by city sanitation trucks. To assist with the disposal of such items, the city offers a paid special trash pickup service. Special pick-ups are performed by the Street Department, not the Sanitation Department.
How to Request a Special Trash Pickup
To request a special trash pick-up, contact the operations administrative assistant (contact information is at the bottom of this page). The Street Department will schedule the pickup once the request has been submitted. Equipment such as dump trucks and backhoes are available to use on-site, but additional charges apply.
The following fees apply:
- Minimum charge: 25.00
- Pickup truck load: 50.00
- Dump truck load: 90.00
- Backhoe use: 65.00/hr.
- Tires: $5.00 each (no min. charge )
We can’t take everything. Items that we cannot accept include but are not limited to the following:
- Appliances (check with the Randolph County Solid Waste Authority for options)
- Free-flowing liquids (fully dried paint may be disposed of with household trash; the Randolph County Solid Waste Authority maintains this listing of options for disposing of other “special wastes”)
- Batteries (see RCSWA resource, above)
- Yard waste (use the city’s yard-waste recycling program)
Information about city recycling programs is available here.
Shanna Poe, Operations Administrative Assistant
Phone: 304-636-1414, Ext. 1437
401 Davis Avenue, Elkins, WV 26241