Randolph County Health Department Coronavirus Update: April 2, 2020
As of the morning of April 2, 2020, for Randolph County:
- Number of tests performed to date: 65
- Number of pending tests: 34
- Number of negative tests: 28
- Number of positive tests: 3
- Net new positive cases in last 24 hours: 1 case. This case was associated with travel and the individual has self-quarantined since arriving in Randolph County in a private vehicle, alone. Because the patient arrived from an endemic country and was well informed as was the family/host, strict quarantine as well as use of masks, gloves, and sanitizing of surfaces has been observed. The patient has not been within 6 feet of anyone since arrival.
- Notes on PPE supplies: Small shipments have been arriving from the national stockpile and have been distributed to the hospital and first responders and small amounts to direct care givers – however much more is needed. The state government is seeking more supplies for all who need them.
- Notes on volunteers/donations needed: There are shortages of spray disinfectants, bleach, alcohol, hand sanitizers and, of course, masks, gowns, gloves.
- We now have 3 cases in Randolph County. Two are associated with foreign travel; these individuals have been on self-quarantine since reaching WV. For all three cases, all contacts have been identified and are self-quarantined and under daily monitoring.
- I have talked with the rep for Red Cross in Randolph County re blood drives – she’ll get back to us if/when she learns anything.
- Local and county health givers and health departments receive information about positive tests first. Information is sent to the state once the actual lab reports are received and verified. Then, the published state data must be updated – when the updater has opportunity.
Rumors and inaccurate information may cause unfounded reactions or panic. Please consult reliable sources for latest known facts about COVID-19.
Reliable sources include:
- WV DHHR Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-887-4304
- WV DHHR Coronavirus Webpage: coronavirus.wv.gov
- S. CDC Coronavirus Webpage: www.coronavirus.gov
Beginning May 14, 2018, the Elkins Police Department will be monitoring and issuing citations for vehicles parked facing against the flow of traffic per W.Va. Code § 17C-13-4(a). This activity occurs primarily in residential neighborhoods and presents a significant safety concern for […]Read More
COE Strategic Plan
Since late 2017 City of Elkins’ elected and appointed officials have been working on a strategic plan for the City and it is nearly ready for adoption. With the help of a highly experienced and qualified facilitator, officials met in February 2018 […]Read More
Police Civil Service Testing
The City of Elkins Policeman’s Civil Service Commission has announced testing dates for entry-level officers. For general information on how the civil service process works and how the City utilizes this process to fill vacant positions, click here. If you are interested in […]Read More