On Friday, Mountaineer Gas plans to repair an underground gas line near the intersection of Randolph Avenue and Fourth Street in Elkins. The company is dividing the work into a daytime and a nighttime phase. Work under Fourth Street will take place during the day on Friday, and work under Randolph Avenue will take place Friday night.
Mountaineer Gas is coordinating with the Elkins Fire Department to avoid obstructing EFD vehicles.
If you have questions about outages or other aspects of this work beyond the road closures, please direct them to Mountaineer Gas.
The 2021 street paving season has begun.
Today, contractors are already milling joints at the ends of the following alleys and streets. Parking and traffic will not be significantly disrupted.
- Coca Cola Alley between 11th Street and 10th Street
- 7th Street between Harrison Avenue and Gorman Avenue
- George Street between Maryland Avenue and Heavner Avenue
- Moose Alley between Davis Avenue and Kerens Avenue
- Intermountain Alley between 5th Street and 6th Street
Thursday, contractors will mill the following streets. Streets will be closed with no parking while milling proceeds.
- Main Street between Glendale Avenue and Worth Avenue
- Pleasant Avenue between State Street and Orchard Street
- 3rd Street from Kerens Avenue to Henry Avenue
- Henry Avenue from Randolph Avenue to Second Street
- Railroad Avenue from Sweco Furniture to Wilson Street
- S. Henry Avenue from 10th Street to the dead end at the pedestrian bridge
Learn more about paving and patching in Elkins by clicking here.
Bear Contracting, the contractor for the sewer/stormwater separation project, will be milling streets in South Elkins starting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, June 16. (See list below.) This work is expected to last into Thursday.
These closures are consecutive, not simultaneous. However, this process will result in significant disruptions to traffic. Please choose alternate routes.
- S. Railroad will be closed from the Tygart Valley River to Eleventh Street. Tenth Street will be closed between S. Railroad and S. Davis.
- Eleventh Street will be single-lane with flaggers at the 11th Street/S. Davis intersection and at the 11th Street/S. Railroad.
- South Davis will be closed between 10th and 11th Streets and between 11th Street and N. 12th Street.
The purpose of milling is to remove the top layer of the street to prepare it for resurfacing.
To learn more about the sewer/stormwater separation project, click here.
To learn more about street paving and patching in Elkins, click here.