Parks & Recreation
Parks and related recreation operations in the City of Elkins are under the control of the Elkins Parks and Recreation Commission (EPRC).
Although the EPRC is funded and appointed by council, it is a legally autonomous governing body, with final authority for most parks-related decisions.
The EPRC operates five parks located in the city of Elkins: Bluegrass Park, Davis Street Park, Elkins City Park, Glendale Park and River Bend Park. The EPRC also operates the Phil Gainer Community Center (follow link for reservation and other information).
EPRC provides year-round recreation opportunities with programs and facilities in over 70 acres of parks. Residents and visitors can use the extensive park system for picnics, walks, fishing, organized athletics or just a peaceful moment. The five different parks are visited by over 200,000 people annually.
Park Pavilion Reservations
- Park pavilions are available to rent from May through October on a first come, first serve basis.
- Pavilions can be reserved beginning the first working day in January for that current year.
- Reservations must be paid within two weeks or the date will be reopened.
- Fourteen days notice must be given to the EPRC office in the event of a cancellation of the reservation. Reservation fees will not be returned after this date.
- The pavilion fees cover events with up to 150 people.
- Prices will be set by the EPRC for any event over 150 people.
- For pavilion reservations, forms and other information call the EPRC office at (304) 636-3960.
- Click here for reservation form.
- Acceptable forms of payment for rentals include cash, money order, personal check and debit or credit cards.
Parks and Recreation
Director: Tom Tesar