The City of Elkins has authority over the issuing and changing of addresses inside city limits and will not be adopting the addressing system in use by Randolph County (sometimes referred to as “E911 addresses”).

If you need an address for new construction, subdivision of an existing lot, or because a utility or other business has told you need a “physical address,” contact the city clerk.

Address changes can only be made at the request of the property owner; the tenant of a rental property cannot request an address change without the consent of the property owner.

Please be advised that addressing sometimes requires significant research, so a new address cannot always be issued the same day you request it.

Elkins City Clerk
Jessica R. Sutton
Phone: (304) 636-1414, ext. 1211
401 Davis Avenue, Elkins, WV, 26241