The 2021 street paving season has begun.
Today, contractors are already milling joints at the ends of the following alleys and streets. Parking and traffic will not be significantly disrupted.
- Coca Cola Alley between 11th Street and 10th Street
- 7th Street between Harrison Avenue and Gorman Avenue
- George Street between Maryland Avenue and Heavner Avenue
- Moose Alley between Davis Avenue and Kerens Avenue
- Intermountain Alley between 5th Street and 6th Street
Thursday, contractors will mill the following streets. Streets will be closed with no parking while milling proceeds.
- Main Street between Glendale Avenue and Worth Avenue
- Pleasant Avenue between State Street and Orchard Street
- 3rd Street from Kerens Avenue to Henry Avenue
- Henry Avenue from Randolph Avenue to Second Street
- Railroad Avenue from Sweco Furniture to Wilson Street
- S. Henry Avenue from 10th Street to the dead end at the pedestrian bridge
Learn more about paving and patching in Elkins by clicking here.
Elkins, W. Va., March 19, 2021: The City of Elkins Operations Department will be offering Spring Cleanup April 5-16. Street Department crews will visit each ward to collect certain categories of bulk refuse items at no charge. This service is for residences only, not businesses. No more than one level pickup-truck load will be accepted from each household, and loose trash will not be collected. Click here to download a flyer.
The ward schedule is as follows:
- First Ward: April 5-6
- Second Ward: April 7-8
- Third Ward: April 9 & 12
- Fourth Ward: April 13-14
- Fifth Ward: April 15-16
To take advantage of this service, please have all items at the curb in front of your house or building no later than 5:30 a.m. on the first assigned day for your ward. Crews will not return to the part of the ward they visited on the first day, so placing your items out on the second day may result in your items being left behind.
Crews will only accept one level pickup truck load from each residence. The following items will not be accepted: appliances, tires, free flowing liquids, batteries, and yard waste. Please make all items as easy to collect as possible, such as by bagging or boxing smaller items. Crews will not collect loose trash.
The 2020 Spring Cleanup was postponed during the first month of the coronavirus epidemic in West Virginia before ultimately being canceled. The decision to postpone was based on public health recommendations and advice from the West Virginia Public Service Commission about reducing the risk of transmitting the COVID-19 virus on surfaces. Because of that postponement, the city missed the ideal window of opportunity for providing this courtesy service to city residents.
Elkins, W. Va., October 19, 2020: The 2020 Elkins Spring Cleanup event, postponed earlier this year, has now been cancelled, officials announced today. The event was postponed during the spring for safety reasons and now will not be rescheduled during 2020. (more…)