Street Paving Wednesday and Thursday
The 2021 street paving season has begun.
Today, contractors are already milling joints at the ends of the following alleys and streets. Parking and traffic will not be significantly disrupted.
- Coca Cola Alley between 11th Street and 10th Street
- 7th Street between Harrison Avenue and Gorman Avenue
- George Street between Maryland Avenue and Heavner Avenue
- Moose Alley between Davis Avenue and Kerens Avenue
- Intermountain Alley between 5th Street and 6th Street
Thursday, contractors will mill the following streets. Streets will be closed with no parking while milling proceeds.
- Main Street between Glendale Avenue and Worth Avenue
- Pleasant Avenue between State Street and Orchard Street
- 3rd Street from Kerens Avenue to Henry Avenue
- Henry Avenue from Randolph Avenue to Second Street
- Railroad Avenue from Sweco Furniture to Wilson Street
- S. Henry Avenue from 10th Street to the dead end at the pedestrian bridge
Learn more about paving and patching in Elkins by clicking here.
Leaf Pickup Begins October 10th, 2023
Elkins Street Department will begin their annual leaf season cleanup, starting Tuesday, October 10th, 2023. Pickup will begin with the heavier areas of the city first, and they will then proceed to go street by street, ward by ward. Leaves that have […]Read More
Brush Container Closed Starting September 26th
The City of Elkins Brush Container will be closed September 26th due to it being a full container. The container will be hauled off during the day to be emptied and will reopen around 1:00 p.m. The drop-off site is behind the Street […]Read More
5/5 Paving Plans: First, Fifth, & YMCA Alley
On Thursday(5/5), Southern West Virginia Paving plans to pave First Street (Davis to Kerens), Fifth Street (Davis to Railroad), and the alley behind the YMCA (Fourth to Fifth). The map below indicates all planned paving work in Elkins for spring 2022.Read More
Tree Trimming Starts Monday
Street Department personnel will be trimming trees overhanging the public right-of-way on multiple city streets starting Monday at 7 a.m., weather permitting. These streets are scheduled for paving work in April. The purpose of the tree trimming is to remove branches that […]Read More
Spring Cleanup To Be Offered April 4-15
Note: The Elkins City Hall March newsletter printed incorrect dates for Spring Cleanup 2022. The dates in this blog post are correct. The City of Elkins Operations Department will be offering Spring Cleanup April 5-15. Street Department crews will visit each ward […]Read More
Elkins Cancels 2020 Spring Cleanup
Elkins, W. Va., October 19, 2020: The 2020 Elkins Spring Cleanup event, postponed earlier this year, has now been cancelled, officials announced today. The event was postponed during the spring for safety reasons and now will not be rescheduled during 2020.Read More