Council Committee Diary: December 2022
Following is an overview of council committee work from December:
- Finance: Discussed use of Coal Severance Fund money for elevator repair at city hall; recommended council enact a salary of $70,000 for the new operations manager; considered online payments software.
- Municipal Properties: Recommended a Rental Uses and Procedures policy for the Darden Complex to council.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): Continued work on the job descriptions of the operations assistant and operations administrative assistant, as well as on the structure and duties of the new Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer/Zoning Officer position.
- Personnel Committee: x
- Public Safety Committee: Discussed next steps regarding condemned properties to be demolished using DEP RADPP funds and recommended that the Personnel Committee consider a policy for regular performance and salary review for administrative officers not appointed to terms (i.e., fire chief, operations manager, and police chief).
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Continued analysis of city laws concerning animals and recommended updates to city election law required by the new city charter adopted in 2021.