Council Committee Diary: November 2022
Most council agenda items originate in one of council’s standing or ad hoc committees. You can learn more about council committees here and find meeting times and agendas here.
Following is an overview of council committee work from November:
- Finance: Worked on cable television franchise renewal with Optimum (formerly Suddenlink); recommended approval of budget revision for equipment purchase for Street Department; discussed funding for asbestos abatement after demolition of 5 River Street; recommended compensation level for new human resources position.
- Municipal Properties: Continued work on Darden House leases.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): Planned structure of new building inspector/code enforcement/zoning officer position; reviewed operations assistant and administrative assistant position descriptions.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended reappointment of the city clerk.
- Public Safety Committee: Prioritized properties to be demolished under DEP RADPP grant.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Reviewed city code regulation of animals to identify needed improvements.
Beginning May 14, 2018, the Elkins Police Department will be monitoring and issuing citations for vehicles parked facing against the flow of traffic per W.Va. Code § 17C-13-4(a). This activity occurs primarily in residential neighborhoods and presents a significant safety concern for […]Read More
COE Strategic Plan
Since late 2017 City of Elkins’ elected and appointed officials have been working on a strategic plan for the City and it is nearly ready for adoption. With the help of a highly experienced and qualified facilitator, officials met in February 2018 […]Read More
Police Civil Service Testing
The City of Elkins Policeman’s Civil Service Commission has announced testing dates for entry-level officers. For general information on how the civil service process works and how the City utilizes this process to fill vacant positions, click here. If you are interested in […]Read More