Council Committee Diary: November 2022
Following is an overview of council committee work from November:
- Finance: Worked on cable television franchise renewal with Optimum (formerly Suddenlink); recommended approval of budget revision for equipment purchase for Street Department; discussed funding for asbestos abatement after demolition of 5 River Street; recommended compensation level for new human resources position.
- Municipal Properties: Continued work on Darden House leases.
- Organizational Audit Committee (ad hoc): Planned structure of new building inspector/code enforcement/zoning officer position; reviewed operations assistant and administrative assistant position descriptions.
- Personnel Committee: Recommended reappointment of the city clerk.
- Public Safety Committee: Prioritized properties to be demolished under DEP RADPP grant.
- Rules & Ordinances Committee: Reviewed city code regulation of animals to identify needed improvements.